Laundry services at the university of virginia
Our Cleaning Process
All cleaning is performed in our facility by highly trained and experienced garment care professionals. We take great pride in serving you our customer and guarantee serving your garment cleaning needs to complete satisfaction. We carefully inspect/separate all clothing upon arrival to ensure all clothing is professionally cleaned.
COVID19-Cleaning and Sanitation
We have taken numerous precautions, company wide, to further protect our employees and customers due to COVID-19. As it relates to sanitation and disinfection of customer clothing, we use a process called Chemo-Thermal Disinfection, which is a certified cleaning method that encompasses a combination of time, temperature, disinfectant, and detergent. This process meets the requirements necessary to kill both category A (bacteria and fungi) and B (viruses) agents. Our employees wear PPE while handling customer laundry to mitigate exposure to harmful agents. We take sanitation and safety very seriously to protect all parties involved throughout our cleaning process.
This once weekly service focuses on everyday laundry and is processed in commercial washers and dryers.
- Light and dark garments are separated and cleaned with scent-free detergent and dried on low.
- All delicate laundry (bras, underwear, bathing suits) is netted and washed and dried.
- We wash and dry t-shirts, knit/polo shirts, knit dresses, shorts, jeans, socks, pajamas, leggings, athletic wear, bed linens, and towels
- All clothing is neatly folded, right side out and returned in your freshly washed laundry duffel
Dry Clean/Gentle Care
We pride ourselves in providing professional care for all our garments. During the check in process, our laundry technicians may find a garment that has specific cleaning instructions from the manufacturer outside the normal wash and dry process. To provide the highest quality service and to protect your clothing, we separate these garments and process them according to the manufacturer’s instructions on the care tag. These items are processed in our Dry Cleaning/ Gentle Care department. They are cleaned, pressed, hung on hangers, and covered in plastic.
- Sweaters, fleece, raincoats, garments with appliques, silk, rayon, and wool are always processed in our Dry Clean/Gentle Care department.
- Items marked “hang to dry”, Line dry”, “ hand wash” are always processed in our Gentle Care department
With the Basic Plan
Dry Clean/ Gentle Care services are Not Included with this plan and will incur additional charges when we process these types of garments. This plan is intended to mainly focus on wash/dry/fold laundry. We require Basic customers to have a credit card on file to pay for incidental charges during the year. Click HERE to view a price list for these incidental services.
*Should you wish to have your clothing washed, dried, and folded with no gentle/special care services provided regardless of a garment manufacturer’s cleaning instructions, call our office or click HERE to obtain a release of liability form.
With the Essential Plan
Dry Clean/Gentle Care/Pressing services are Included.