Laundry services at Virginia Tech
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I arrive early to school?
University Cleaners Laundry Services follows the undergraduate academic calendar. The first pickup will take place during the first full week of classes.
What if I decide to enroll in Laundry Service after service has begun?
Why were some of my clothes separated out of my wash, dry, and fold?
During the check in process of the laundry duffel bag, our laundry technicians may find a garment that the student has not included in their dry clean only bag but has specific cleaning instructions from the manufacturer requiring special care or the dry cleaning process. Technicians will do their absolute best to identify these items and send them through our dry cleaning and special-care-only department.
Sweaters, raincoats, jerseys, garments with appliques, silk, rayon, wool, and fleece are *typically processed in our Dry Clean / Special Care department. Items marked “hang to dry”, “line dry”, “hand wash” are processed in our dry cleaning and special-care-only department.
Can I opt out of the dry cleaning portion of the Laundry Service?
Should you wish to have your clothing washed, dried, and folded with no dry cleaning and special-care-only services provided regardless of a garment manufacturer’s cleaning instructions, click HERE to obtain a release of liability form.
What do I do if I have a question about my laundry duffel bag or dry cleaning items?
Please call our Nelson Street office at 540-464-6900 with any questions or concerns.
What safety precautions are taken to ensure that my clothing is sanitized and free from germs?
We have taken numerous precautions, companywide, to further protect our employees and customers. As it relates to sanitation and disinfection of customer clothing, we use a process called Chemo-Thermal Disinfection, which is a certified cleaning method that encompasses a combination of time, temperature, disinfectant, and detergent. This process meets the requirements necessary to kill both category A (bacteria and fungi) and B (viruses) agents. We take sanitation and safety very seriously to protect all parties involved throughout our cleaning process.
Is there a Cancellation Policy?
Should you require to cancel your laundry service subscription at any point during the academic year, please see our cancellation guidelines:
- Any request to cancel a laundry service subscription must be received in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any cancellation request received before August 18th, 2023 will receive a full refund
- Any cancellation request received between August 19th, 2023-October 6th, 2023 will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the academic year minus a $75 operations cancellation fee
- Any cancellation request received between October 7th, 2023-January 15th, 2024 will receive a second semester only refund minus a $75 operations cancellation fee
- Any cancellation request received between January 16th- March 1st, 2024 will receive a second semester prorated refund minus a $75 operations cancellation fee
- No refunds will be issued after March 2nd, 2024
How can I be sure that none of my clothes go missing
Our process is designed so only your clothes will come back in your duffel bag assigned to you. If you have any claim for lost or damaged items it must be reported within 48 hours of delivery. Our goal is 100% accuracy and our processing systems are designed to eliminate any mix ups. However, if you believe you received someone else’s clothes, please notify us at info@universitycleanersva.